The 1/4th Battalion of the Ox & Bucks Light Infantry was formed in Oxford on the outbreak of war in August 1914 as part of the South Midlands Brigade which in turn formed part of the South Midland Division. Landing at Boulogne in France on 30th March 1915, in May the formation became the 145th Brigade in the 48th ( South Midland) Division. It fought in France and Flanders at Ploegsteert, on the Somme and at Third Ypres (Passchendaele) before transferring to prop up the Italian front in November 1917. Maps, awards with full citations, including those for the Military Medal and M.S.M., and a Roll of Honour make this a great source for the gallantry medal collector.
WAR RECORD OF THE 1/4 BATTALION OXFORD & BUCKINGHAMSHIRE LIGHT INFANTRY 1914-1918
Unit history of the 1/4 Battalion from its formation in Oxford in August 1914, through its deployment in France in March 1915 and its fighting at Ploegsteert, the Somme, Third Ypres (Passchendaele) and Italy. With maps, awards and Roll of Honour.