The 2/4th Battalion of the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry was formed in Oxford in September 1914 after the outbreak of the Great War as a second line unit. In January 1915 it moved to Northampton and was attached to 184th Brigade in the 61st (2nd South Midland) Division before further training in Essex and at Parkhouse Camp on Salisbury Plain. the battalion arrived in France on 24th May 1916, and saw service at Laventie, then on the Somme at the end of the great battle in November 1916; Arras; Third Ypres (Passchendaele); Cambrai; and the German Spring offensives of 1918. This is an exceptionally well-illustrated history, with many fine line drawings as well as photographs.
STORY OF THE 2/4th OXFORDSHIRE AND BUCKINGHAMSHIRE LIGHT INFANTRY
Unit history of the 2/4th battalion of the Ox & Bucks LI,. The battalion fought in France and Flanders from 1915 to the end of the war, seeing service on the Somme, Arras, Passchendaele, Cambrai and the German offensives of 1918.