GERMAN CLOSE COMBAT CLASP OF WORLD WAR II

£125.00

The final word on this sought after Third Reich award, the Close Combat Clasp was instituted on 25 November 1942 for achievement in hand-to-hand fighting in close quarters. It was worn above the upper left uniform pocket. The clasp was die-cast and made of either tombac or later zinc, with a slightly curved centerpiece consisting of the national emblem surmounting a crossed bayonet and hand grenade. The award was bestowed in three classes:Bronze for 15 close combat battles::Silver for 25 battles and Gold for 50+ battles
The Gold Close Combat Clasp was often regarded in higher esteem than the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross by the German infantry. Of the roughly 18–20 million soldiers of the German Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS, 36,400 received the Bronze Class, 9,500 the Silver Class and 631 the Gold Class.

Only 1 left in stock