AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN ARTILLERY FROM 1867-1918

£95.00

Over the period from 1867 to 1918 the Austro-Hungarian artillery experienced major changes both in technical and organizational terms. Proceeding from the muzzle-loader of the ‘Battery of the Dead’ at the Battle of Sadowa in 1866, the artillery was continuously modernized and evolved from the M 1875, M 1880 and M 1899 systems to barrel recoil artillery and finally the massed guns of the First World War.