Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
This Agreement contains the terms and conditions pertaining to your participation in The Naval & Military Press Affiliate Program (the Program). In this Agreement, "we" or "our" refers to The Naval & Military Press, (or ”NMP”) and "you" or ”your” refers to an
"Affiliate." We will hereafter use "you" and "Affiliate" interchangeably.
1. Acceptance Criteria & Customer Ownership
- Your affiliation with NMP is entirely voluntary and does not constitute a business
partnership. We have no responsibility or liability for any actions taken by Affiliates.
- We reserve the right to reject an application for any reason or for no reason
- Affiliate sites composed of ads alone will not be accepted into the Program.
- Customers who buy any of our products through one of our Affiliates are
considered NMP customers. Accordingly, all NMP rules, policies, and procedures will apply to
those customers. We shall own the customer data, relationship and customer service issues
under the Program. We will be responsible for subscriptions placed by customers who follow
links from your site to NMP and its company websites and for products purchased from our
commerce sites. We will handle all issues pertaining to our purchases of
products from our store that are a result of a link from your site, including all customer
service, cancellations and renewals once a customer orders, and any returns to our
- Bounties will only be paid on ”Qualified Sales”. Qualified Sales are all NMP product purchases where the customer has been billed, the funds
collected and the order has not been cancelled for a refund in accordance with NMP’s
prevailing terms and conditions applying to such product purchases. We
have the right to change our prices or policies at any time.
- Commissions and Sales Tracking
- The Affiliate will receive a commission as stated on products sold excluding postage and packing costs. NMP reserves the
right to change commission structures at any time with seven (7) days notice.
- Affiliate click-based cookies will be tracked during a ninety (90)- day conversion
window or such other period as may be specified in the Program Term. If a customer
purchases from NMP a product within that window, that sale will be considered
for a commission providing the cookie was not overridden as a result of a click from another
channel (including but not limited to organic and paid search, NMP email or online
- Commissions will be paid based on NMP reporting. NMP can not guarantee tracking accuracy nor will it be auditable by
- Affiliates will not be paid for any commissions resulting from prohibited activities as
stated below. Engagement in prohibited activities may also result in the Affiliate’s
permanent removal from NMP’s Program.
- Prohibited Activities
- Affiliates may not use any NMP trademarked terms in URLs, may not in any
way appear to be related to NMP, appear to have sales ownership of any NMP properties or
products or claim to be an ”official site” or ”preferred site” of NMP. Use of NMP
trademarked terms in site copy must follow standard trade mark law, copyright law and NMP
policies and guidelines. Affiliates may not purchase any domain name or apply to register
any trademark consisting of, or confusingly similar to, any NMP proprietary or trademarked
terms. You must comply immediately with any requests made by NMP in respect of a
trademarked or propriety terms.
- Affiliates may not publish or transfer any content copyright of NMP or any of its trade
marks or brands without prior written permission from NMP. If permission is granted, the
appropriate copyright and trade mark notice must be included along with a direct
(non-commissioned) link to naval-military-press.com or such other site as NMP shall direct.
- NMP retains sole right and title to all advertising-related content and may discontinue
or replace ads at any time. Affiliates may not alter these ads in any way, including but not
limited to remove branding, changing functionality, altering or removing a copyright or
- Affiliates may not post any graphic, banner, functional widget or link for the Program
that was not provided by NMP, unless prior written permission of NMP is gained.
- Adware, spyware and other malware is strictly prohibited.
- Affiliate sites must link directly to NMP with no site framing, pop-up windows or
- Affiliates must not tamper with the redirect links provided for sales tracking.
- Affiliates must obtain approval for redirecting traffic to items not mentioned
- NMP links and ads may not be placed on any site that includes adult content or
discriminatory content, nor may NMP ads be placed near other ads or links that lead to such
content. Affiliates may not link to or include other inappropriate content to be judged at
the sole discretion of NMP.
- Affiliates and their websites will comply at all times with all laws, regulations and
codes of practice.
- Affiliates must not ‘spam’ users or send unsolicited emails or otherwise communicate
with users and Affiliates will at all times operate in accordance with and comply with all
relevant rules and legislation concerning personal data of individuals including the Data
Protection Act 19998.
Affiliates are solely responsible for the development, operation, contents,
maintenance and liability of your site(s), including placement of ads. NMP takes no
responsibility nor will accept any liability for your site.
- The tools, products and creative assets (collectively, "Assets") that are provided to
you by NMP provide valuable information vital to the success of the Program, including
information that helps ensure transactions generated by you are properly attributed to you
for payout calculations. Thus, each of these Assets must be used in their intended manner as
instructed by NMP. You agree that you will not corrupt,
modify or disable the tracking functionality provided to you related to the Program. You
further agree that you will not remove impression tags from the tracking code.
- All Affiliate URLs and other activities must be transparent and auditable by NMP.
- We cannot guarantee that our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not
be liable for any consequences arising from any interruptions or errors.
- You will be solely responsible for the development, operation, contents, and maintenance
of your site. We take no responsibility for content or functionality of your site.
- Commissions earned must be based on adhering to these Terms & Conditions and any breach
as determined by NMP Affiliate management.
- The term of this Agreement will take effect upon joining our Affiliate program and will end when terminated by either party. You may terminate this Agreement
at any time, for any reason or without a reason. We may terminate this Agreement at anytime
for any reason or without reason with seven (7) days notice. We may choose to terminate
this Agreement immediately with notice if we determine you are in violation of these Special
Terms and Conditions.
- You are only eligible to earn referral payments on products
purchased during the term of the Agreement. Payments earned through the date of termination
will remain payable only if the subscription is not cancelled. We may reverse any Affiliate
earning that was earned while in violation of any of these terms and conditions. Without notice, NMP may change, suspend or
discontinue any aspect of the Service, including the availability of any Service feature,
database, or other content. We also reserve the right to modify any portion of this
Agreement with seven (7) days’ notice as provided by replacing your existing program term
with a new program term with new Special Terms and Conditions.
- IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY FUTURE MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE
UNACCEPTABLE TO THE AFFILIATE, OR CAUSE THE AFFILIATE TO NO LONGER BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE
AFFILIATE AGREEMENT, THE AFFILIATE OR NMP MAY CANCEL THE AGREEMENT. LEAVING THE PROGRAM IS
THE AFFILIATE’S SOLE RECOURSE IF IT DISAGREES WITH OR NO LONGER WISHES TO BE BOUND BY THIS
AGREEMENT. AN AFFILIATE'S CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE CONSTITUTES A BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY THE AFFILIATE.
- Any exceptions or modifications to this Agreement will be handled through the Network
Service and you will be notified via the seven (7) day notice function and asked to accept
the new Special Terms and Conditions at that time. If you fail to accept the new Program
Terms with new Special Terms and Conditions within seven (7) days time, the relationship
will move to a Pending status and no commissions will be earned until You actively accept
the new Program Terms.
All rights not expressly granted by NMP are reserved.